Kent, United Kingdom Gb

we bought a climbing fuchsia last year which is looking a bit scraggy anyone know if i should cut it back? its about 5 foot tall but all the new growth is at the top

On plant Fuchsia

if you take the very top growth out it will produce some shoots lower down. You are lucky all mine lost their top growth and they are coming away from the base.
welcome to GOY too.

thanks I'll do that

My Lady Boothby fuschia bloomed from the base last year and is sending up shoots again now. Most hardy fuschias left out in the garden usually bloom from the base anyway so it just needs a little look every so often to see if there are shoots. My stems are about 5 foot and they are all dead.

• 7th heaven (fuchsia)
  • Fuchsia..... (Fuchsia)
  • Fuchsia ......... Display (Fuchsia)
  • Fuchsia Magellanica Alba Ladies Eardrops I love the waterfall effect of this it has flowered non stop all summer and I think the Aster Crown sits well beneath it. (Fuchsia Magellanica Alba)

« my cordyline looks rather pale & patchy