Fuchsia disease

N Yorks, United Kingdom Gb

This is Fuchsia magellanica aurea growing in shade. The disease shown has appeared for the last two years and as a result there are very few flowers. Does anyone know what it is?

On plant Fuchsia magellanica aurea

Could it be Gall Mites? I just gave a quick google of "distorted fuchsia" and that's what popped up...there was also mention of insecticidal soap...

Thanks Lori,
I looked at photos of gall mite on Fuchsias but they seemed to be much more thickened at the top and to develop a red colour. So I don't know what it is but I think the fuchsia is for the chop!!

Hmmm...right, well don't compost it...just incase it is a virus! sad to give up after waging the battle but if you have other fuchsias it the best strategy...better to be safe than

I had a problem with one of my hardy fushcis earlier this year.My solutions was to prune all of the distorted leaves and branches out.
And it has recovered well.
I toookthe damaged bits to show a nurseryman,and he said it was pesticide damage.
It then clicked,we have farmland at the back of our house,and my hubby had gone over the fence to get some Flanders poppies that were gowing among the crops and when he got them he put against,guess what, my fushcia!!! So try a hard prune.

Don't grow any Fuchsia megallanica in the shade, certainly not UK shade. The location of your plant is in part encouraging this and other likely problems.

these look like they may have had a prolonged attack by aphids

This is typioal Capsid Bug damage.

• Fuchsia Magellanica Alba Ladies Eardrops I love the waterfall effect of this it has flowered non stop all summer and I think the Aster Crown sits well beneath it. (Fuchsia Magellanica Alba)
  •   Fuchsia Magellanica Alba Ladies Eardrops (Fuchsia Magellanica Alba)
  • Fuchsia Orange Crush......heavily diluted! (Fuchsia magellanica (Hardy fuchsia))
  • Fuchsia magellanica - Hawkshead (Fuchsia magellanica (Hardy fuchsia))