By Sprog

NP26, Monmouthshire, United Kingdom Gb

Catalogue & Delivery Service?
My friend has just moved to Sidmouth in Devon but she doesn't have a car and also has mobility problems. Does anyone know of any company that has a complete garden catalogue and a delivery service? Any ideas very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Lots do a google search.

Not sure about the catalogue thing - I usually Google a plant to find out who's selling it, or use the RHS plantfinder. Some of the sellers may have catalogues of their stuff though, but I usually browse their stock list on line.

Unfortunately my friend doesn't have a computer. Lots and lots of on line companies for the supplies she needs but it seems no-one does a catalogue. She's in need of the basics such as compost, tubs, seeds, plants, etc. I have been searching on line but she really wants a catalogue. Difficult one to find!

There is a company, Dobies of Devon, that has an extensive on-line catalogue that listd equipment as well as plants. I don't know if they do a paper catalogue or not. (Yes, I now see that you can 'request a catalogue')
You could go to the site for your friend, Sprog, and order a catalogue for her.

Thank you so much Bulbaholic. I have ordered catalogues from Dobies. Very grateful to you.

Burncoose (they advertise on here) also does a printed catalogue. I was there yesterday and lots of people were going round with a copy in their hands.

You can request it by going here -

I can vouch for Burncoose - I've bought plants from them for many years now. Larch Cottage Nursery in Cumbria (who I have also bought plants from) will provide a paper catalogue if you request it from their website too

dt browns i like and they are very reliable their address is
DT Browns and Co.
Bury Road
Suffolk CB8 7PQ
Phone 0845 3710532
Fax 0845 3710534

I have no problems with their deliverys and they are a great company and they have delivered on time