Plant Identification

I purchased a bulb in Holland last year and planted it when I got home to Northern Ireland. The first year it grew to approx 12ft in height but did not flower.

This year it has grown to a height of approx 6ft and has now produced one flower.

I was wondering if you could tell what it is ?

It is a Lily but not sure the name, possibly Pardilinum?

Lily family, yes, pardalinum, no. That is a Turk's Cap style flower

Having had another think I reckon it is Gloriosa superba, though not absolutely positive.

Owdboggy is right, I looked it up on Google images, Wyeboy is also right to say it is a lily, it is almost known as a climbing lily.

It looks like Gloriosa Rothschildiana... or gloriosa lily...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Not sure about it being a Gloriosa Rothschildiana as it doesn't have the vivid yellow and red petals. It's more green at the bottom with deepish pink on the spikes. Searching on the net with your suggestions I found one titled the Glory Lily which is very like it, but not sure if this is the same thing.

One other question, it's about 6' tall but only has a single flower, is this all I should expect or could there be more ?

Thanks again for all the help

Is it a young plant? If so maybe it will do better next year.