The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

covered in insects a bit like ladybirds

United Kingdom Gb

i have got a Robinia "Twisty Baby" and the branches are covered in insects a bit like ladybirds.
what are they and what should I do.



Do you mean they are a different colour ladybird to the normal red and black ones ?
If you DO then they are just another type of ladybird and you need do nothing more.

4 Jun, 2011


Or post a photo of the beastie concerned...

4 Jun, 2011


There are insects called Harlequins that are "foreign" ladybirds that are taking over from the natives. Could be those. A photo would be helpful as Bamboo says.

4 Jun, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?