Pampas Grass

I have a large overgrown pampas grass plant which I hope to get rid of ! Any advice as how to do this ?

hi when my mother had two of them u can dig around it and get the roots. or you can cut it back then burn it. hope that helped you.

I guess it will be a big job if they are huge. Hope it works out. Welcome to GOY.

I'm good at the demolition stuff! Not so good at beautifying.... lol
I got rid of ours with several trimming back leaves sessions, necessary so as not to get cut to shreds by their razor sharp edges. Then hacked into plant anyway I could - great for getting rid of frustration - followed by burning, as suggested above by Djawsome. You can actually kindle a fire right in the middle of the plant, if the weather's been dry for a few days. Brilliant fun, but remember to supervise the fire carefully, especially if there is any danger of other plants close by, or anything else, burning.
Enjoy it!