algarve, Portugal Pt

Hi, Does somebody knows the name of this plant, it has soft, hairy leaves and when winter comes here, she dies off and has to be cut to the ground, but always grows again in spring !

Bush Which_bush

The photos are a bit blurred, Marleenjongen, but it could be a Veronica longifolia or a Salvia, possibly.

looks a bit like a stachys as it also has soft hairy leaves. Mine grow tall like this too.

I have one as well, and like you I don't know what it is. It could be one of the Salvias because of the scent the leaves have, and the flowers are like it.

Finally, a friend of mine who is Portugese and into gardening came by and I remembered to ask him what this plant is. In Portugese: Boldo-de-jardim. Its proper name is Plectranthus barbatus. It has many medicinal uses, if you are into natural medicine. Hope that helps.