By Briank

Lancashire, United Kingdom Gb

I have ought 12 strawberry plants this year and planted them in a strawberry pot,they seem to be growing very well and have started to flower.Some of the leaves however are showing what I call rust spots. There does not seem to be any evidence of insect attack etc. Is this a real problem and if so, does anyone have a solution? See photo attached.

it doesnt look good to me but im not an expert.i think it could actualy be a desease called rust .

Rust would leave spots of yellow to brown (rarely white) powder on the undersides of the leaves--spores leading to more spots!

ok i didnt realy know but it doesnt look good.

Thanks for your responses. much apprieciaed.

Tugbrethil... The underside of the leaves look perfect.. no spots of any colour.

In the absence of a definitive answer I think I shall let nature take is course.

maybe cut the worst leaves of if its not on all of them .

Since the undersides of the leaves look OK, Brian, then some of those spots look suggestive of advanced leaf miner damage. I'd look on the other leaves for little light colored scribble marks or spirals.

Thanks Tugbrethil.

I think you are right ... it does look like leaf minor damage, as per your description.
Looks like it is spraying for me.