Brought and planted a Cherry Tree in march - still no sign of anything happening although tree green beneath the bark - should I be worried yet? Unsure wether to try and return it or give it some more time to 'settle'. Thanks.

we planted a range of trees last november and some are only just beginning to leaf, (even my huge mature ash trees are only just breaking)do the buds look to be swelling at all? and you could carefully try the ' scratch test' to see if its green underneath if nothing happens contact the supplier

Ash trees are always very late coming into leaf, Pam. Ours doesn't start until early June. On the other hand, our flowering cherry has now finished flowering and has been in leaf for several weeks. I would contact the supplier now, Am.

Oak before the ash this year Bb-- should mean a good summer :o) .......?

Angelmouse, you have not filled in your location, so I don't know where you live, and thus can't determine whether it's possible your tree is suffering from drought. If you're anywhere in the southern half of the country, it would have suffered enormously during April. New trees need a minimum of 2 gallons of water a week -if you've not been giving it this, that might be the explanation.

« how do you take care of mums