Michigan, United States Us

how do you take care of mums

On plant Kniphofia

Mums (Chrysanthemum), or Red Hot Poker (Kniphofia)? You might want to re-post with a little less confusion, and maybe a little more background info.

Tugbrethil, the question highlights Kniphofia...see above.

Kniphofias are not difficult, they come from South Africa. | dont let them get too dry during the summer and as dry as possible in winter - good drainage is critical so put some grit in the planting hole. I am not over fond of them but I have some as my Dad loved them in his garden. I think they look best in coloured groups - red, orange, yellow and white ones but that needs space.

Sorry, Izzy. I saw that Kniphofia was highlighted, but the question itself was about mums, so I was confused. Mums I know about, but not Kniphofia, since it doesn't grow well here in the low desert.

I thought it meant how to care for Mum's Kniphofias?

Mums like chocolate and cosy armchairs... :-)

Not this mum Beattie I like anything for the garden.

• Three red Tulips and a Red Hot Poker...Lol! (Kniphofia caulescens (Red hot poker))
  • Flaming torches (Kniphofia caulescens (Red hot poker))
  • Divided these Red one and its taken 4 summers to see them again.The yellow ones took 3 summers..  (Kniphofia caulescens (Red hot poker))
  • Red Hot Poker [Kniphofia Uvaria] flowering at last 08.08 (Kniphofia uvaria)