By Kenfox

I re-planted my Cordyline Australis last year but over the winter the tips of the leaves have all gone brown and it looks as though it is dying - I don't want to lose it as it has been with us for a number of years. Has anyone any advice please.

On plant Cordyline australis

Not much you can do except keep it watered in dry spells and perhaps a feed now with something like Growmore raked in round the base. If its putting out new growth at the very top, it'll be fine, but you can remove any leaves which die right back.

it mite reshoot asswell from the base or the top but realy as bamboo sais just keep ya fingers crossed .

your welcome for what its worth i lost 2 but the green one out the 2 has sprouted 4 new plants from the base .

Thanks Noseypotter - I think we will give it a good feed and go on watering it and, in view of your experience, it may live - thanks again.

its worth a go mate .

• Cordylines take a battering again! (Cordyline australis (New Zealand cabbage palm))
  • New growth on the Cordyline...:o) (Cordyline australis (New Zealand cabbage palm))
  • White Berries of the Cordyline (Cordyline australis (New Zealand cabbage palm))
  • Seeing Double! (Cordyline australis)

« what type of soil is required