I have a Weeping Birch tree that is approx 30 years old it has developed what looks like cancer nobbly gorwths on the trunk and branches is there hope for my tree

By Dbrown

the tree is in the front of my property and gets the sun in the afternoon and up until this year has always looked pwerfectly healthy

Sounds like Willow anthraconose. especially affects the common weeping willow Salix x sepulcralis var. chrysocoma. Usually you spray the whole tree and prune out the dead branches, sweep up all the fallen leaves, which might help control the problem, but I woulds say it is impossible to do this with a big tree. A tree surgeon will give correct advice

Sorry, bit confused - the answer above appears to refer to weeping willow, but you say you have a weeping Birch?
A photo would be useful, but it sounds like some kind of excessive gall formation - is the tree growing and healthy, otherwise? If it is gall formation, it may not look nice, but the tree should be fine, but, as I say, more info on the health otherwise would be good, and a photo would be even better.
There is something known as witches brooms that affects Birch, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

Sorry my apologies for the wrong tree.

Don't worry Drc - the "weeping" bit got me for a minute too!

• Prunus incisa - Snow showers (Prunus incisa)
  • Sunset behind the Poplar
  • From tiny acorns mighty oak trees grow
  • Donadea Forest