Bulbs and Pots

Surrey, United Kingdom Gb

I am planning to put some tulips, crocus (crocuses?croci?!) and fritillaria meleagris in bulb pots for next spring. I was going to overwinter them in the coldframe, and wondered how much they needed to be watered during this time - once a week perhaps?

i have pots off assorted bulbs that give a great display in early spring .i keep mine in a cold greenhouse and only water enough to keep it from drying out completely .hope this helps a little..

Most of my pots and tubs are planted with bulbs I just leave them where they are and nature just waters them.

If you are buying dried Fritillaria meleagris blubs, then before you plant them, soak them overnight in warm water. Even then the chances of them all growing are very small. The ones sold are mostly dead, as are Snowdrops.

Thanks for the tips and hints - sounds like I shouldn't even bother with the Fritillarias!