is this moorheim beauty?

east yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

its helenium but is it moorheim beauty or chelsea?
sorry photo is blurred but it was windy tonight.

Well, it looks very like my Moorheim Beauty, but then I don't know what Chelsea looks like. If they are very similar I could be mistaken.

one is orange /yellow/reddy. so that must be chelsea and this moorheim. thanks very much pennyfarthing.

Sbg, I am not at all sure - take a look at my photo of 'Moerheim Beauty', as it does have gold/orange markings on its petals. See what you think.

Sorry I don't know 'Chelsea', though - but I think this might be it! lol.

You could use Google to look at iamges of both varieties and then decide which yours is

the trouble with google is that some people load images that are totally misnamed. thats why i thought i'd ask you good people.

sbg -another place to look is which is a website maintained by the holder of the National Collection of Heleniums. Don't be afraid to e-mail them if necessary - I have found National Collection holders very friendly and helpful

Hello again Seaburngirl,
I agree that pictures on the internet can be misleading. I looked up 2 or 3 garden nursery pictures of both MB and Chelsey and by the end of it I couldn't tell one from t'other--there seemed to be so much variation! I shall certainly look up the site andrewr mentions but on Sunday I hope to go to a local garden show where they always exhibit heleniums, so I will check with them too!

thanks andrew, i had never thought of that . i will give it a browse.