New gardeners growing Brassicas
need to spray them with a little washing up liquid in the spray bottle. It stops the spray being washed off by rain.
Years ago fruit netting kept the White Cabbage Butterflies off. Now they just get through it. Its the same netting !
I had to take my netting off this a.m. and shoo 4 butterflies out, spray my Cabbages, and recover .
Must check under the leaves for grubs etc.
- 26 Jul, 2013
- 1 like
Previous post: Never, ever, give Organically grown vegetables away.
Next post: re Christmas - those living alone -
Recent posts by dianebulley
- Someone once said
21 Oct, 2016
- If you are keen to have a better understanding of your garden soil
14 Oct, 2016
- If you are over 75, have had pets all your life,
8 Oct, 2016
- Wandering round the Alpine displays
4 Oct, 2016
- I am happy again today, I want you all to know .........
20 Sep, 2016
- New idea ! Winter approaches.
16 Sep, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Jan, 2009