New gardeners growing Brassicas
need to spray them with a little washing up liquid in the spray bottle. It stops the spray being washed off by rain.
Years ago fruit netting kept the White Cabbage Butterflies off. Now they just get through it. Its the same netting !
I had to take my netting off this a.m. and shoo 4 butterflies out, spray my Cabbages, and recover .
Must check under the leaves for grubs etc.
- 26 Jul, 2013
- 1 like
Previous post: Never, ever, give Organically grown vegetables away.
Next post: re Christmas - those living alone -
Recent posts by dianebulley
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
- A useful exercise to think about over the holidays..........
21 Dec, 2016
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
- New game. Growing worms for a fisherman.
3 Dec, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Jan, 2009