New gardeners growing Brassicas
need to spray them with a little washing up liquid in the spray bottle. It stops the spray being washed off by rain.
Years ago fruit netting kept the White Cabbage Butterflies off. Now they just get through it. Its the same netting !
I had to take my netting off this a.m. and shoo 4 butterflies out, spray my Cabbages, and recover .
Must check under the leaves for grubs etc.
- 26 Jul, 2013
- 1 like
Previous post: Never, ever, give Organically grown vegetables away.
Next post: re Christmas - those living alone -
Recent posts by dianebulley
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
- If you gave up on music as a child...............
11 Feb, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Jan, 2009