Heartfelt thanks for all your wishes and prayers!
Thank you, thank you to all those who’ve expressed concern about the situation over here in Queensland. I feel like I’ve been given a great big warm hug!
The next 24 hours will be one of the longest for me as we wait up here in north Queensland to see just how bad the flooding will be down in Brisbane.
I think both my boys and my grandchildren will be fine. My eldest boy and his family have already evacuated their home as they live next to an at-risk suburb.
My youngest lives in a fairly elevated suburb and is just staying at home for now.
Brisbane is experiencing a King Tide today, with the flood waters expected to peak tomorrow … so we just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
My relatives who live just outside Toowoomba, which experienced a very dark day recently, are fine but everyday life has been totally changed for them.
My relatives in Gympie, which was also flooded, seem to be OK … we just haven’t heard from everyone down there yet.
So, now it’s my boys’ home’s turn! 2011 will be a year long remembered by so many!
- 12 Jan, 2011
- 1 like
Previous post: Queensland Under Water!
Recent posts by bernieh
- So, Yesterday Was Australia Day Downunder ...
27 Jan, 2014
- It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like A Tropical Christmas.
11 Dec, 2013
- The End of our Wintertime Draws Near ... Downunder.
11 Aug, 2013
- For Sticki - Mimosa pudica or Sensitive Plant. This is the plant we refer to as 'mimosa'.
13 Apr, 2013
- What's Been Happening Here In N.E. Downunder.
23 Mar, 2013
- End-of-Spring in my Downunder Garden.
25 Nov, 2012
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
4 Apr, 2009