The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

Surrey, United Kingdom Gb

where can i buy the large 4-5ft gladioli bulbs they use as a cut flower in the u.k. ?



Youngalistai, I now have very tall gladioli in the garden - only a couple so far - as the corms get bigger, and therefore produce bigger stems, every year. You may be able to buy larger corms in a specialist garden centre but the ones you get in such as Wilkinsons take about five or six years to get that large. When I lived in Kent I didn't lift the corms every year - you should be OK in Surrey unless you're in a frost pocket.

16 Aug, 2011


I'd look on the net for suppliers, Youngalistair. They're probably selected bulbs just for the trade, but you should be able to find some. Annie

16 Aug, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?