The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

United Kingdom Gb

how do i get rid of the small white insects destroying all my vegetables,and what are they called



If they are about gnat sized, snow white, and fly around, they are called whiteflies, and can be controlled with frequent, thorough applications of dilute organic washing up liquid, or commercially prepared insecticidal soap.
If they are kind of shrivelled looking, and don't move, they are probably the discarded skins of growing greenfly or blackfly. The treatment is the same, but the frequency is lower, because they don't have as short a generation time as the whitefly.

4 Jul, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?