Help choosing plants for patio pots

Anglesey, North Wales, United Kingdom Gb

A friend has asked me to help them choose some plants to go in pots on their patio. They have several evergreen shrubs but would like some perennial colour that kind of looks after itself! The patio is south facing and fairly protected. As i've not done much container gardening i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. The garden is on Anglesey, North Wales and a few miles inland.

Osteospermum, Dahlias, Pelargonium(dark red ones remind me of Italy) Begonias or patio roses.
Dont forget to add some kind of mulch to preserve water(I use either grit or pebbles).

Theres loads out there, have a sneaky look at the tabs on this site for pots or oatios and see what people are growing.

I've just posted a picture of the pots on my patio filled with heucheras with different coloured leaves

try some herbs too, helps add to the scents and colours aswel as be very useful.
Mints, sage... I could be here for ages

x x x

I like pinks in containers. They smell so delicious and can be in flower from June to October.

gerainums are hard to beat i have loads pinks an reds look stunning just plant and water also begonias all look nice together

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions, i think there are so many possibilities, it's hard to choose! I had suggested herb pots too but they don't want any, might sneak a few in though!
Regards to all.

good thinking
theyll thank you once they are grown and small lovelly and taste fab

x x x

• Houseleeks a mosaic...Lol.
  • Little garden in May
  • My path in August ...
  • Front garden display 2008