By Derekm

Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

On our last visit to our son in atlanta, in october 2004, some seeds of Pyrus calleryana accidentally fell into our travel bag, so upon our return I sowed some of the seed, eventually I got 1 seed to germinate, it is now about 15ft high, it produced a couple of flowers 2 years ago, but nothing since, my question is, can anyone tell me when they start to flower regularly, as I think they look nice covered in blossom, {don,t like the smell though}, Derek

I reckon it should be flowering regularly now, Derek, from what I've been reading. Not surprising it didn't this year though, lots of other plants failed with that early on this year too because of the random weather. Don't know much about it other than what I've just read, but its listed as easy, low maintenance, grows any aspect, so can't think you're doing anything wrong. Fingers crossed for next year.

Thanks Bamboo, I thought it should have been flowering regularly too, I usually allow between 5 and 7 years for trees to flower from seed, so that,s another 1 down to this stupid weather we,ve been having this year, as you say fingers crossed, Derek.