My fatsia seems to be duplicating itself at the very top - should I cut this poece off - it looks most perculiar

By Beulah

It's like a the same plant starting again on top of itself - it looks as though it's meant to be removed and the top part planted as a new plant??

On plant Fatsia Japonica

Sounds odd......are there any roots attached?

Any chance of a pic?

have you lost any branches further down the plant, this can happen if you have, cut it off if not wanted.

I cut my fatsia down all the time Beulah, it will take over my border if i dont..

You are safe to trim it any way you choose to get the shape you want . They are very tough plants and will almost certainly sprout back again.

no is the clear answer as you shouldnt mend something that isnt broken.daisy is right you can be quite brutal with fatsia.if the growing tip is damaged it will naturaly try harder to be ready to flower and duplicate itself more than kind of answerd your own question.

I'd be interested in seeing a pic of this.

i agree Llew.i had a verigated yucka that had the growing tip broken out somehow.i left it because till its showing apserlute signs of death then give it a chance.i now have 3 varigated yuckas though the parent plant no longer egsists .

• Fatsia Pot (Fatsia japonica)
  • Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' - close up (Fatsia japonica (Japanese aralia))
  • Fatsia japonica variegata flowers.... (Fatsia japonica Variegata.)
  • Fatsis japonica flowers...... (Fatsia japonica)