Another 'What is this' shrub help

By Smiley

West Lothian, United Kingdom Gb

Can anyone identify this shrub. Has recently blossomed to a considerable size but I like it's pretty looks. Thank you in advance.

It's Astilbe and it's perennial

A great plant for moist shade. It will die down to nothing over winter but then shoot up again in spring.

I always thought Astilbe's were smaller. I used to see showy Astilbe's in gardens when out working in Glasgow & used to ask what plant it was. There are numerous colours as you know but I have never seen one this tall on the foliage side hence why I enquired on it. Only the flower stems were tall. This stands 37" high to the tip & has grown at a phenominal rate over the last few weeks. I have been saying to my wife in recent weeks I want to get some Astilbe's little realising I already have one. The joy's of being a beginner, lol!!

There are tall ones and short ones, it depends on the variety. Yours looks like a nice one.

It's a beauty that one is. :o)