Cherry Tree

By Nicolet

My cherry tree produces lovely fruits. But I seem to loose too many fruits at the beginning when they dry up on the tree before maturing. Could it be that an ant's nest near the routes is the cause for this? or what causes it?

Quite possably nature! a lot of trees throw some of the excess fruit, natural thinning, but if they are drying up on the tree may be again, lack of moisture. We this end have not had any weight of rain this past two months and what we have had the winds have dried up very quickly. I don't know about the ants, perhaps someone else will come up with that answer.

Ants make a large nest which is hot and dry, if it is into the roots they will be damaged also.
Dust the whole area with Nippon. Leave for a day or two then water heavily and mulch with compost.

its just natural selection mother nature is a wonderfull thing

• Fruit Trees..
  • Calamondin orange
  • Blossom close~up Nectarine............
  • Ornamental Japanese Apricot, Prunus mume,'Beni-Chidori' (flight of the red Plovers) (Prunus mume 'Beni-Chidori')