The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Gmb

Connecticut, United States Us

I purchased 15, 5 gal size rhododendrons. Should I wait until cooler weather to transplant? The one I did plant is not doing too well.



Hi Gmb and welcome to GoY. If is really hot in Connecticut right I'd suggest waiting until autumn. Otherwise so long as you have neural to acidic soil and can keep them well watered after you plant them I'd simply do so now.

7 Jul, 2012


Of course, you are in a heatwave, aren't you, Gmb. Difficult to remember that in cold, wet Britain: send them over to Scotland and they will be fine ;-(((.
Yes, I would keep them in the shade for now, well watered and misted in the evenings

7 Jul, 2012

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?