Perthshire, United Kingdom Gb

When is the best time to lift and move daffs?? New garden has loads, most of them blind, and not planted deeply enough, so i would like to lift them and replant them to a suitable depth, freeing up the rest of the border for some summer bedding.

The book says dense clumps no sooner than 6 weeks after flowering every 3-5 years.

I some times dig them up by mistake when moving other plants and just put them back in nice and deep.

a tomato feed will do them all some good.

the feed will probably solve the blindness too.

Will they flower again after being blind??? I was going to compost the duff ones and buy some new stock.... but if they will come back into bloom I'll give them another chance.

i have some that flowered this year that didnt flower last year so go on take a chance.

Would it be ok to plant them in grass...I have a huge lawnand I wouldlike the top bit to become a bit of a meadow???

You can plant them in the lawn, just dont mow that area until the leaves have died back. Good luck.