how to kill hairy bittercress

By Annkay

help this weed seems to survive every weed killer i have tried

Only solution I know is to actually get on and weed it iout

when you weed killer it you arent getting the dormant seeds in the soil and as soon as you disturb the soil these dormant seeds then germinate. spray before flowers form. but the sad person i am i quite enjoy pulling this up. but be warned the seeds can fly about 3ft from the parent plant. so pull before it is in flower.

This drives me nuts - some of them seem to flower within three days of germinating, don't know how they do it. I'll beat them eventually (she said, with more hope than conviction).

Wagger - B and I fight an on-going war with bittercresses in the garden... not helped by the fact that we intentionally allow some of our alpines to seed so we can hoe weeds out when they are miniscule!

This is one of the craftiest weeds in my garden! I hunt them down while they are in flower, and hand weed them, but I always miss at least one - and it seeds itself. They hide amongst other plants ON PURPOSE to annoy me!

Oh don't they just Spritzhenry!

and to be even more sneaky they and dandelion flowers will continue to ripen seed for up to 5 days after they have been beheaded. biology will out! I did a work experience at Kew in the Millenium seed bank at wakehurst place and i was amazed at the lenghts some plants will go to, to survive.

Yeah, you won't have much luck with chemicals. It'll seed before the weedkiller has time to work.

It's a pull out job.

Mind you, when you've pulled some, you could eat it. It's a bit like cress and is quite good in salads, lol.

Don't fancy them much, to be honest!

Llew think I'll give eating the little blighters a miss...

Cowards!!!! lolol.