magnolia bush

By Neva

We are seeing yellow mold or moss on tree branches and bark. How do we treat this and what is causing it?
Its a purple crosus blossom.

Lichen and Moss build up is common on Magnolias. They don't cause the tree any ill effects.

The yellow sounds like lichen as rydeboyz said. thats good it means you have good air quality as they dont like pollution.:o)

welcome to GoY too.

my acer tree lives quite happily with the same stuff on it so dont worry.i should think they probably are even supposed to be together as none of my other trees,shrubs etc and nothing ive found in nature is for nothing.i think its called and excuse my spelling a symbiotic relationship.

spelling spot on np. its a fungus and an algae. the fungus provides the algae with nitrates and the algae photosynthesises and provides sugars for the fungus. definitely 'you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours'. isnt nature great?

its brilliant love it seaburn.i cant believe i spelt it right lol.