The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Roger

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

I got this plant from my sister-in-law several years ago who lives in Tenerife, I have no idea what it is called, but it now needs re-potting urgently and i was wondering what type of soil I should use also maybe someone con tell it's name PLEASE




Botanists disagree on the proper name for it: sometimes Kalanchoe thyrsiflora, sometimes Cotyledon thyrsiflora. The common names run along the lines of Paddle Plant and Flapjack Plant. I would use a compost with very sharp drainage and low fertility--"Cactus Mix", if it's available in the local garden center. Failing that, add perlite and coarse grit to a regular potting compost, about 1 part grit, 1 part perlite, and 3 parts compost. For feeding, use something like tomorite, 1/4 the recommended dilution, 2-3 times a year.

8 Mar, 2012


Thanks Tugbrethil, You have answered everthing I wanted to know, Thank you very much

8 Mar, 2012


You're welcome, Roger!

9 Mar, 2012

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?