West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Cardiocrinum cathayanum has anybody ever grown this giant tree lily I have just received this large bulb from china and wondered if it safe to plant in ground now or hang on a short while

Hi Steve I'd go ahead and plant right away...

Wow.... I have just googled some images of that an it looks stunning could you please let me now how big it grows to and where you purchased from. Thanks.

Marion will grow to approx 2 metres

Thanks Moon Growe, I think its very beautiful and would love to try to grow one. I am hopeless with bulbs, I did a little search last night and found it difficult to find an established one so I will keep searching.

Hi Marion
This is he link to the EBay seller this will come from china so it may take 2/3 weeks to deliver they is seeds for sale but will take several years to flower

You can also buy Cardiocrinum giganteum without ordering from China, I always worry whether the bulbs have been gathered legally, try Rare Plants who have them for sale in the UK copy and paste url into your web browser - not Google!