By Sheilar

Sunderland Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom Gb

This has been growing now for some months but I can't identify it. I think it is a weed and is ready to go to seed. It is very thick and stands about 3' high. Anyone any idea what it is?

It is one of the groundsel family and all thos little heads will produce masses of parachute seeds tha will blow all over your garden. I would wait for someone else to reply but then get it in the bin sharpish.

I don't know what it is, but I agree about the seeds. If you don't enjoy this plant, chuck it now!

Yes i agree with bulbaholic, from the look of it maybe Senecio sylvaticus or similar and it would be wise to remove quickly or you'll end up with hundreds everywhere...

Thank you Bulbaholic, Ojibway, Surreylad and Bilbobaggins, the said plant is now in the bin!:o))

is it one of the wild lettuces? they have a similar flower head. cant see a leaf to be certain.