i have a few cherry tomato plants outside and quite a few tomato now but because of the weather they are not ripening what can i do?

Pick the bunches green and lay them out on clean paper or cloth, together with a ripe one from the shop.(I have used the spare bed for this in the past!) The gas given off by the ripe one will start the others off. Keep one red one with the green ones until they all ripen or until you get fed up and make green tomato chutney! Some people use a ripe banana instead of a tomato but that can be very smelly as the banana gets over ripe.

Dilly, my toms are just ripening. Don't know which part of the country you are in. I live in Yorkshire.

I would give them a bit longer, unless they are splitting or looking unhealthy. I shall be posting a new blog shortly.

Just to say thanks for everyones comments, much appreciated. I have bought some of them in and left some out for a bit longer, thanks again.