By Joss

Lancashire, United Kingdom Gb

I am looking for something to put in a hanging basket its in my vestibule and it gets warm as the sun shines a good few hours a day every thing I get looks so lifeless and never seems to grow much I do water them. I am looking for something with colour and grows out and down.

If your hanging basket is under cover and gets sun for several hours of the day it is going to require a lot of water to keep the plants alive and growing.

Is it heated though?
If you can guarantee a minimum temperature of fifteen degrees c then here are three to consider.

Aeschynanthus marmoratus (great foliage)..............

Alsobia dianthiflora..........

Ceropegia woodii (ever blooming).....................

The toughest plant I found to survive in a porch that got roasting hot in the sun and cold at night was spider plant. Not incredibly colourful, but variegated leaves and tough as old boots - and it grows out and down.

I was just going to suggest that one,Beattie..I find it stands up to all temperatures,and I have one outside in a planter in summer,as a centre piece,with other bedding..
You would find it very easy to look after,Joss..spray the foliage now and then to stop the tips going brown,,if they do, just trim them the same shape as before..and you can't tell ! :o0