The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

United Kingdom Gb

I have what looks like small dropletts of water on my indoor grape vine I think they are eggs from something but have not seen any pests. these drpoletts are a little sticky and are found on the backs of the leaves and on the joints



This is called 'guttation' and is just the plants way of getting rid of some excess moisture. Nothing to worry about.

8 Jun, 2011


I'm not so sure its guttation, Volunteer - that usually appears at the tips or edges of leaves, not in the leaf joints and on the backs. When you say grape vine, what plant do you mean exactly, and any chance of a photograph Peverill?

8 Jun, 2011


I don't think it is guttation either. I have just looked at some picture of this. It is a sauvignon blanc grape sorry not able to send photo. the little dropletts/beads are all uniform in size and sticky, I'm sur they must be eggs of something

9 Jun, 2011


I'd pick 'em off then - whatever they are, you don't really want them hatching out inside.

9 Jun, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?