Kent, United Kingdom Gb

I have recently moved into a new house and there is a plant in the garden that I can't identify. It could even be a weed but I don't think it is, it has a very thick stem and is almost 4ft tall

Hello this plant is type of Euphorbia, more of a weed, but i like them, be carefull of the sap as this can be a bit of an irritant, julien.

That's great, thank you! I have been trying to find out for the past couple of weeks!

It's rather attractive Bloomingfox. The leaves going up the stem remind me of Jack & the Beanstalk !! I wonder how tall it will get ?

Let it seed and you will be taking them out for ever.

This plant keeps coming up, uninvited, in our concrete yard at work. It manages to grow in the debris that collects between the edge of the laid concrete and our neighbour's wall.

common name is caper spurge. you can eat the seeds, hubby uses them in some curries. not to my taste but hey ho.