Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom Gb

A friend asked me to ask the community what the little blue flowers are called that grow in the tiny spaces in dykes and stonewalls. Sorry, I haven't got a picture yet, as there may be more than one with this, I appreciate, vague description.

Maybe one of these two :-
Campanula poscharskyana or
Ivy-leaved Toadflax

Try Googling these, although I'm sure there are many other possibilities and other members are sure to suggest some for you. Good luck 1poodle11.

The description made me think of toad flax; it is quite common up here.

Thank you Bubaholic and Muddywalter! She always thought it was called toad flax, until she saw a programme on TV that showed toad flax as having yellow flowers. Maybe it was a mix up, and she had it right all along. I'll google both. Thanks again:-)

There is a yellow toadflax, Linaria vulgaris, but this is more of an upright plant growing in fields.

Oh, that's solved the puzzle then, will be glad to tell her. This is what she described she saw on TV. Thank goodness for the latin names! :-) Thanks for clearing that up for us!!!