Kindly identify the birdAR

By Arwadoo

Jammu& Kashmir, India In

Kindly identify the bird

It looks like a chough, Arwadoo, but I don't know which types are native to your region.

Try GoY's sister site for bird watchers Arwadoo

British choughs have red beaks. Where did you see it? The alpine chough has red legs and a yellow beak but I don't think there are any in India.

Yes there are choughs in India Steragram and they have yellow bills.

At last, the 'I Spy a Bird' site has been down for a couple of days but is now back. This is the url for it:

I have just done my own web search and I see that the chough that we are familiar with in the European Alps extends its territory westwards to include India - where it is called the 'Yellow Billed Chough'

Thank u all for the info. It is yellow billed, red leged. They move in pairs.I have not used insecticides in my lawn or the kitchen garden, the lawn has a good population of june beetle grubs feeding on the turf.Many birds are regular guests in my lawn, devourig the turf for the grubs.Chugh was one of the guests this year.I will post photo of the pair to confirm the identity.