Help with busy lizzy plant needed

Hi there

I was wondering if you'd be able to help me. I have an indoor busy lizzy plant and recently it seems to have developed these little white things on its branches. Could this be a sign of disease? Thanks.

Does the white things look like mildew/fungal growth or is it more like a small crusty growth, like a salt or sugar granule?

If the little white things look like small creatures, have a closer looks and see if there are also small patches of fluffy white stuff. If so it is mealy bug, which you can kill off very easily by painting all you can see with meths on a small artists paintbrush.

Thanks for the replies :)

The white things look like little sugar crystals. Is this a sign of disease? Otherwise the plant looks ok.

The sugar like things are natural, nothing to worry about. It is the way Busy Lizzies excrete salts form the soil. It is a sign of a healthy plant.