By Cardico

I have two Pieris, both in pots. One is older than the other and looks OK except for periods of lacklustre which don't last too long. The other is 2 years old and is still the same size as the day I bought it from a garden centre. Such a sorry sight too, about a foot high. It is in a large pot too so has plenty of room to grow. HELP!!

Have you planted it in ericasious compost? and planting it in too large a pot also might be your problem!

Maggy's right about the pot - if its too large, many plants don't thrive, always better to have a pot the right size and then pot on as they grow.
The other thing is they may be totally different varieties of Pieris - some of the newer hybrids are fairly dwarf and extremely slow growing, and you may have bought one of those without realising.

Also did you loosen the root ball when you planted? It it was in a small pot it could have become pot bound.

Thanks Maggie, Bamboo and Moon. I'm going to B & Q tomorrow for that compost and a smaller pot. Your advice is much appreciated.

Cardico x