By Alextb

London, England Eng

Plant ID's. Please could you help in identifying the 3 photos below.

I think tye second one is calendula, but am not sure.

Thanks in advance.

P4230060 P4230061 P4230062

Yes #2 is Calendula Officinalis, otherwise known as the Pot Marigold. Sorry can't help with the other two photos.

Is number 1 a Jacobs Ladder(Polemonium)

Moongrower- Thanks for the confirmation

Pcw- It may well be Jacob's Ladder, I dkd buy one, but couldn't remember what it looked like.

Thank you both.

I think the third one may be a cultivated form of Geum. Not the nasty weed that I have, but a very refined double or semi-double variety with lovely flowers. Could it be Geum 'Fireball'?

Here I was thinking that the third one was a Persian Buttercup, but it would be early for that in the UK, wouldn't it.

Tugbrethil, you say it would be too early, but due to the Spring here in London, turning out like Mid-Summer, many of the Summer flowers are getting ready to bloom, and the Spring plants are fast dying early.

We get temperatures of around 26 celsius, about 80 fahrenheit most days.

Geum seems to ring some bells, so maybe that is what the 3rd one is.

I have some persian buttercup in flower - it was a present at the beginning of April and still looking good.