By She52

i want to plant some kind of shrub or rose bush in the middle of my garden, could you advise me to what is best, thank you

Depends what you want from it, what soil, sun and moisture conditions are and how big the plot is.

Yep, there are a lot of variables involved. Are you thinking of a spectacular specimen plant, or a basic shapely evergreen to build an island bed around? About how big do you want it to get? What color scheme will it work with? Those kinds of things.

How big is your garden? Have you considered a small tree like an Acer or Kilmarnock willow?

The choice is endless. You probably need to take a trip to your nearest big garden centre and have a look at the leaf shapes and colours that you like.

Well i could give you a very long and confusing list, but it might help if you could narrow the field a bit for us - how big is your garden, length and breadth, any chance of a photo, what's the aspect (north, south?) and where are you in the UK (to determine how hardy the plant needs to be)