By Bernard

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom Gb

Second try!
While I was weeding in the woodland garden, I came across this little plant that has arrived this year. It seems to have made itself at home, is very healthy, growing strongly and sending out tendrils in all directions which I expect will take root a little way away. I'd like to know its name if possible so that I can discover whether it is friend or foe. It is so viorous and healthy that I suspect it may be an unwelcome visitor, but I hope not, so I await answers that will solve the mystery.

Loks like Vinca minor (lesser periwinkle) to me... if you've got lots of space leave it to roam - otherwise contain or root out

It is an excellent ground cover for shady areas and should produce lots of periwinkle blue flowers (there is a white variety but not as often seen) Yours certainly looks very healthy and happy!

Yay!! That was my guess without the picture!! :-)

MG & Steragram are right - I had this in my last garden and you have to be ruthless with it when it spreads into areas where you don't want it, but it is quite a useful ground cover where it's difficult to grow other things.

Much obliged for your thoughts - Beattie did well to forsee the answer, next time I'll just include a ? as a question and see what happens. :-)))

** I'm getting something**

*It's a ....* flower...**

**** ***

It's a ***

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! It's a CORNFLOWER. Still you did well, you knew it was a flower :-)))

LOL! :-)
Thank you Bernard.