By Masie

Carmarthenshire, Wales Wal

Hi! It's me again,I've heard wood ash is good for the garden, I have herbs coming through an area that has some coal ash on the soil, is that o.k. cheers, masie.

they willbe fine .

NO absolutely not! The ash from a coal fire has all sorts of nasties in it... remove a.s.a.p. Wood ash is fine!

Coal ash can contain trace elements of arsenic and other undesirables. If you Google Coal Ash Gardens you'll fine lots of info.

sorry i ment the wood lol x .

Many thanks guys for your comments, again it's much appreciated.I will plant some new herbs and new bed elsewhere and destroy the old one.Thanks again. Masie.

Maisie, if at all possible get the coal ash off the area of garden it is on... will pollute for years!

Many thanks for all your comments everyone,I will completely clear out area(luckily it's only a small walled herb bed) and start new herb bed elsewhere in the garden, Thanks again, Masie.

your welcome even if i waswrong lol x .