The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

dont know whether this is a gardening question or not,but it has been puzzling me for ages .does anyone know what these tiny insects on my window ledges are? They areblack andi think yellow spots ,like a ladybird but a quarter of the size,very slow moving



They could be baby ladybirds, they come in yellow as well as orange/red. A photo would be good though.

24 Mar, 2011


they will be a beetle of the same group as the ladybirds. they are friends rather than pests.

24 Mar, 2011


could be fruit flies but maybe a little early for them we get a lot of them here when they harvest the oilseed rape i dont think they do any harm just a dam pest when its hot weather.

24 Mar, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?