I have a west facing, quite dry, mossy bank with pretty poor soil. Every year I have had a mass of snowdrops, which although not naturally spreading, have been augmented by splitting and adding new stock over the years. Last year, the numbers flowering had decreased and this year they have decreased yet again until they are very sparse. Lots of shoots are coming up but with no sign of flowering. Any suggestions please?

Unfortunately, a dry bank is not a good place for snowdrops - they require moist soil, so its likely that's what's causing the trouble.

Thank you for your help - I just wonder why the snowdrops have been happy for so long and just in the last 2 seasons have decided they don't like it!

Weather conditions? No idea where you are in the UK, but anywhere in the south last year and the year before had drought like conditions during summer.