By Harli

Washington, United States Us

Here is a picture of the whole plant I had asked about yesterday, perhaps that will help. Whatever it is, the slugs sure like the leaves.

Hello. I think it is a Hosta but which one, I do not know. They are very much beloved by slugs and snails. I, personally, would scatter a few slug pellets around the base of the plant or if that does not do the trick or if you have lots of them, you could water some Sluggit ,or other brand, into all the pots or around the plants and over I if in the border and it will do away with ALL the slugs and snails for quite a while, I found. You could also, should you not wish to use chemicals, use a copper band round each pot or set a slug trap. Hope this helps. Your plant looks a beautiful speciman. Wish mine looked like that! Joy

Looks very much like Hosta sieboldiana 'Elegans'

Thank you Joy,
I did pick up some slug pellets today.

Hooray! That's another one ID'd. Any more? Bring them on, Harli!

Spritzhenry ~ You are quite good at this, but then after looking at your gardens, I understand why.

Lorraine ~ You guys amaze me how you can just whip off the technical names. I have been a gardener for exactly 6 mos. so generic names are all I know. LOL
I have a blood clot in my leg, so must walk around the yard every hour or so. Having the plants have helped.

Of course it helps! You've got something interesting and beautiful to see when you are walking around. Take your camera with never know what you'll find out there.

I have that exact same Hosta, Harli :-)

• this morning in my garden.
  • A closer close-up of my hosta leaf
  • Hosta 'Fire and Ice' (Hosta)
  • hosta