Lancashire, United Kingdom Gb

hi everyone me again ! When cutting back the dead flowers on my heuchara this morning the whole plant came off in my hand ! on the soil underneath there was what looked like maggots ! Is that what they are or could it be Larvae of some sort ? Sorry there's no photo i'm as hopeless with computers as i am with gardening ! the heuchara was in a pot.

Oh dear, Lemondrop - that's most likely to be vine weevil at its tricks. The maggots would be the larvae. You'll need to empty the pot and get rid of the compost (NOT in your compost bin!) then use fresh before you plant anything else.

It happens, I'm afraid - I lost one, too. :-(((

Thanks Spritzhenry, i'll do what you said. What a shame it was lovely as well !

Yes - so was mine. Sob, sob. So I can really sympathise!

Before you throw the plant away, you may use the pieces as cuttings. Wash the base to make sure there are no eggs or larva left on and then put the stems in decent compost and keep frost free, but cool and many of them should root, especially if there are still root buds on the stems.

Thanks owdboggy i will retrieve it from the compost bin and do as you say, would hate to lose it heucharas are one of my fav plants.

hi my new plant lol i wish :))) »