By Useless

Hampshire, United Kingdom Gb

HONEYSUCKLE. Would this be a good time to transplant and prune a climbing honeysuckle plant. I would like to move it to the top of the garden where there is a trellis which is south west facing. But it will be near large trees. (approx. 12 foot away).

Yes, transplant the honeysuckle promptly, while the soil is still warm, and water it thoroughly. In theory that gives the plants time to spread its roots a little before the winter; in Hampshire hopefully you'll not have frost for a few weeks yet.

Not too sure about your frost forecast, Sheila. Our local BBC man said we might get frosts tonight and tomorrow!

I still agree with your advice, though. :-)

Oh dear - oops! I had only read the forecast in the newspaper, and reckoned the frost was expected "in the north". We'll soon find out . . .

We will indeed. I don't think it's going to be a severe one. It had better not be - I'm not ready!