Netherlands Nl

Could anyone tell me what I can plant that grows tall (10-12ft ish) that has small roots. I need a shield to protect from an overlooking window but the planting space is only 2 meters from the house so I don't want to disturb the foudations. Many thanks

Hi Nicola and welcome to GoY. Anything of the size you are wanting is going to have roots that are likely to affect the foundations.Especially if this is not your house you need to consider a fence instead.

About the only thing I can think of is a Cordyline - not sure whether that would provide enough cover though, and it would take a while to get that tall.

conifers and pine type trees tend to have smallish comparative root balls as trees go . how about trellis and some quick growing climbers instead . if you keep the tops at just 10 feet bye reguler trimming they wont get such a big root ball either but just avoid leylandi as you mite need planning permission to plant them and you will be trimming them constantly nicola x .

« Can I take cuttings from tree mallow