can i use calluna as a houseplant

On plant Calluna

I suppose if it is in a cool area then yes, but it tends to be a very hardy plant here in the uk, thriving in the frosts and snow of our winter.

Anything is possible but I would not recommend it!

In my experience, it is a lousy houseplant, but houses tend to be dark and warm, here in the desert.

No, it likers to grow in cold, rainy conditions.

Good landscape plant in the Pacific Northwest. Decent landscape plant in New England. Finicky outdoor plant along the west coast from Portland, Oregon to Monterey, California, and higher up in the southern Appalachians. Difficult, if not impossible, to grow outdoors almost anywhere else in the U.S. Poor houseplant anywhere. The ones you see in flower shops were grown in cool greenhouses, usually in Holland, and are intended as living bouquets, to be thrown away when they fade.

• Calluna vulgaris (Heather) 'Orange Queen' (Calluna vulgaris (Heather))
  • White Calluna (Calluna vulgaris (Heather))
  • Heather bed, Atholl Palace Hotel, Pitlochry, Perthshire. (Calluna vulgaris (Heather))
  • Peacock butterfly and Heather (Calluna vulgaris (Heather))

« can you split penstemon plants