Infestation of mushrooms

I have had an infestation of mushrooms in my garden this year. It wasnt like this last year. Can anyone please advise me on how to get rid of them. I have tried using salted water and although this kills them It seems that more grow back. Please Help

Answers

It's just all the dampness around. They keep popping up in the lawn here. I just pick them out with my gloves on and pop them in the compost bin.

I'm not a fungi expert by any means, but if you put them in the compost are you not recycling the spores from the mushrooms to grow again next time ? Not sure about this.
Please someone with fungus knowledge confirm. Thanks.

I pick them up every day - before they are big enough, I think - only think! I haven't had any problems with my compost or any growing in the borders, so I hope it's OK.

I know for a fact that superphosphate will kill fungi. The thing is to kill them before the spores have fallen into the ground. As mushrooms pop up on various days it is virtually impossible to keep on top of them. If these fungi you have in your garden are not the stinking ones, do you really mind them? Mine just disintergrate after a few days and since we mow the lawn every week there is not much chance. But yes, the dampness does make them popup.
We had them on the farm, these were field mushrooms we liked, but as we spread super to improve fodder for cattle, the mushrooms gradually vanished. I personally don't mind to see any fungi on the lawn, as long as they are not the stinkhorns. I do get those too in the wet season, they pop up in the borders, in shady damp places and stink like mad. So yes, I put on disposable gloves and chuck them in a plastic bag into the wheely bin, not in the compost. I am sure the spores will be dispersed when spreading compost in your flowerbeds. I would not do that if I were you.

Its not a good idea to try and kill fungi that aren't harming your plants. The soil is full of fungal strands (mycelia) many of which are beneficial and help the growth of plants in many ways. Its only because we have had a lot of rain this year and also September is their prime time for making fruiting bodies above the soil. If you put the mushrooms on the compost heap you will put the spores there but as I said the soil is full of them anyway. I did spend a lot of time studying them.